Friday, May 30, 2008

may sunshine >> david inshaw

it has been a strange day heavy rain followed by bright sunshine. but we did manage to get the back yard clear of old bits of carpet and furniture from the alterations to our house over easter, yes it has taken that long to get the stuff removed. any way the rain came down and we ended up driving to the re-cycling centre (the tip) through rural cornwall in torrential rain. after getting home the sun came out again and I drove again through the same country side in the most fantastic light. I was dropping my eldest son off at a friends house as they are off to london in the morning to have a look round some galleries and design shows in the brick lane area. driving back home through the cornish early evening sunlight I remembered years ago visiting brighton museum and art gallery in the late 70's where I saw the work of david inshaw (a founder of the ruralists). over all the years since I can't say that I have thought about that show much, except for today it brought it all back simply by the light, the way the sun was casting shadow and the feeling it gave me all positive I have to say.

images, copyright david inshaw

2 comments:

jafabrit said...

I wasn't aware of the ruralists. Enjoyed seeing Inshaw's paintings, I particularly liked "the starling"

surf98/dgeorge said...

thanks for your comment, jafabrit