Monday, April 20, 2009

at home on the harbour side

on friday I went crab fishing with my 10 year old. the harbour is only a walk away from where we live. as a small child I went crab fishing when I stayed with my aunt who used to live on the other side of the harbour. it was the first time he had ever sat by the harbour side in the sunshine for a few hours, with a crab line in hand. yet we have lived there for almost as long as he has been alive. he is now ckken to do it again with his friends from school.

I think when you live somewhere that is a popular holiday & day trip destination it is all too easy to ignore the things that many visitors do. but last week we didn't and had a great day crab fishing or as we put all the crabs we caught safely back in to the water, feeding the crabs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.