Wednesday, November 19, 2008

18 years ago? happy birthday luca

well today I find myself thinking back as it is my eldest sons 18th birthday. I hadn't really thought about it much until today too busy with my head in the clouds planning and attending meeting after meeting talking about the changes and educational futures of other peoples children (in my day job). I clearly remember the time around his birth, margaret thatcher was about to be driven out of downing street, she only had a day or so left. something at the time I was pleased about and still am. I also remember that petrol was expensive, as was housing and the country was looking at a new recession. so nothing new there then.

well I am very happy that my first born little boy is now able to vote, and hopefully will be responsibility for his own actions and his own future. I have just dropped him at the station to go in to the city with his friends for night-out. hope he has a good night.


No comments: