Thursday, October 16, 2008

nice veg!

when I got home today I was surprised to see a box of fruit and vegetables on the work-top in the kitchen. what is so strange about that. well not much actually. but this one is not from the supermarket, still not strange, they are organic, still not strange.

the strange thing is that we have never done the veg shop this way before. the riverford organic vegetable company delivered our veg box today, its the one when you don't really know what is going to arrive so the haricot beans were substituted with sweet potatoes.
the real strange bit was the total lack of packaging just a cardboard box with stuff in it. I can't thin why we never did it before. i remember my mother getting fruit & veg like this when I was a small child in the 1960's, so nothing new just new to me today. 
unwrapped organic real fruit and veg, now that is a cool brand.

No comments: