Tuesday, November 13, 2007

800 million pound railway station >> architects

it is unusual for me to comment on a TV programme but I have just watched the first of a series of six half hour films about the the final two years work/modernisation of st pancras railway station, london.
bbc 2 @10pm each day this week timed to coincide with the opening of a faster rail link to continental europe. link found via davidthedesigner. (check out french week over on dthed)

alastair lansley, the projects chief architect is someone I admire greatly. even after only watching the first programme I feel humbled by his attention to detail and real care about the way good design works. so many of the things we do are driven by targets and budgets, whether design and now even education. it is so refreshing to see that there are still people out in the real world who care as much.
I look forward to the rest of the series.

No comments: