Wednesday, August 01, 2007

travel accommodation for free!! >> check this idea

I am sure for some of you this isn't new. for me saying with friends sleeping on their couch was something I used to do when the night got late and the transport facilities were limited or in the days when I drank alcohol it was simply too dangerous to walk home never mind drive!

any way I was having my usual look through guardian unlimited when I came across the couch surfing site and thought it would be a good one to share. especially as earlier today carol and me were working out the fuel costs for our surf trip next week. we were outside the bank which is next to a travel agent that was offering late booking package deals to places I didn't want to go but at prices that were so low! it did make me think though.
so back to couchsurfing the guys there have this to say, quoting directly from their web site;

"as a community we strive to do our individual and collective parts to make the world a better place, and we believe that the surfing of couches is a means to accomplish this goal. couchsurfing isn't about the furniture- it's not just about finding free accommodations around the world- it's about participating in creating a better world. We strive to make a better world by opening our homes, our hearts, and our lives. we open our minds and welcome the knowledge that cultural exchange makes available. we create deep and meaningful connections that cross oceans, continents and cultures. couchsurfing wants to change not only the way we travel, but how we relate to the world!"

No comments: