Monday, July 02, 2007

this tagging thing >> gizfolio guys

I normally have no interest in this tagging malarkey but as it was the gizfolio guys who tagged me I thought I would sort of comply.

A reminder of the Tag Rules…
One: Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
Two: People who are tagged need to write their own blog entry about their eight things and post these rules.
Three: at the end of your entry, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names/pseudonyms/blogs.
Four: Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

so here they are, 8 random facts about dgthekneelo

1, dgthekneelo is an amalgamation of david george the kneeboarder. I am a surfer but as well as surfing a normal well sort of normal surf board (currently an 6' 2" oxbow fish). I ride kneeboards and have quite a few, my favourite is a 5'10" blue and white swallow tailed quad (four finned), shaped by ex. world champion david parkes. (I am also a surf contest judge)

2, I once worked for malcolm mclaren, as a designer around the time of his album 'fans', he is a very cool man with a creativity to match. I also designed for monsoon, as well as terrance conran amongst others.

3, I initially trained as a textile designer, but have moved on to web design as well as designing brand images/logos for the surf/fashion industry. I consider that even after 27 years of trying to do it I am always learning new stuff, and am also in the lucky position of being able to teach it.

4, I still wish that I had trained as an architect, but I love what I do.

5, my dog, a parson terrier called 'rusty' (after the legendary surfer/shaper rusty presendorfer) did a poo in my sons bedroom on saturday morning. (not sure why?)

6, I eat muesli late at night even if I am not hungry, a habit started when I used to get home late after baseball training. I played infield ( 2b & 3b), catcher, as well as occasionally pitched (not all at the same time) for the b.h. red hats, the brighton jets and the south coast/brighton buccaneers in my baseball career. it has totally wrecked my body, I used to have a very good throwing arm. however I don't regret a minute of playing I had so many good times.

7, I actually like watching formula one motor racing even though it is such a huge waste of money and resources and is very loud. I felt guilty about it so to placate my guilt I made a pledge and made a donation and my name is on jenson buttons car this season.

8, I completely stopped drinking alcohol in october 1999, and have not started drinking and do not plan to drink alcohol (in the same quantity) ever again!
----------
I have never and will never make people feel forced to reply, or do anything. I am only doing this as I have a lot of respect for the gizfolio guys.

I tag lgcreativity, as well as dan lockton
I know that I am supposed to tag a whole load more but most of them have been tagged before and will probably be bored of this tagging malarkey.

No comments: