Tuesday, June 12, 2007

london 2012 >> banksy

it is probably all the coverage of the london 2012 logo that set me off thinking about graffiti and tagging, though the more I think about the london 2012 logo the more I think that aside from it being unbelievably awful the publicity it gained was out of all proportion. perhaps that was the intention? as I still can't see any other reason for it, but I can't see the marketing guys on that brief being as clever as that.

any way to the graffiti I have long been a fan of banksy and and have to say that in the right place the banksy work is so good, not so much the visual tricks more the political statement and place that have made me look and notice.
whatever you think of banksy the marketing or lack of it in the conventional way is major a reason for his/their huge success.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As far as the London 2012 logo I don't like it, but I do think that has been introduced to make us all talk about it, so it has been successful.
We will all probably like it in 5 years time.