Wednesday, November 05, 2008

not much to add really, it's good news.

picture courtesy of vogue magazine

it has to go down as an historic day. I listened to the bbc through the night even got a text from carol as the news spread across the world that mr obama was to be the next president of the USA. I have to say I am very pleased, though my thoughts from here are very european. I really hope that senator obama is able to carry through the promise he clearly shows.
I am the same age as him; from afar I simply marvel at the achievement of a man who has over come much prejudice and wish him every success. in the hope that america will be able to influence the world for the better in the coming years. is it possibly the start of something very special?
some good bbc coverage as well as justin webb's blog.

No comments: