Friday, August 29, 2008

re-learning to speak french >>


I have probably been to france every year (sometimes more than once) since I was about 10 or 11 years old. some years ago now I actually lived and worked in france. I did have a reasonable ability to speak french while working there as I didn't really have the option (rightly so) to speak english.

when visiting as I have done for the last 6 years with a group of students, or on family breaks it is OK to get by as the people we tend to meet are usually speak english. so laziness often prevails, but I have made a decision I want to be able to speak french properly so apart from just watching french films I am making a conscious effort and have even registered on a language course whether I will have the time to complete it is down to me.

No comments: