Wednesday, June 18, 2008

surfing >> it's never far away

while having a look at some surfing sites, well more sites extra to the ones I normally check. I found this picture, (from surfcore) and thought that it looked like something I should be doing to raise my surfing fitness, yes I know that I am way too old to be thinking about competing or stuff but I was recently encouraged when hearing that kneeboarder david parkes (a surfing hero of mine) had won a recent competition in 10ft surf in Australia at the age of 49 that's 2 years older than me. not that I could have ever competed at that level but it is inspiring. talking about competitions below is a 'rare' picture of me. judging at the cornish schools championships a couple of years ago, pro-surfer sarah bentley is just in view.

No comments: